Gunmen kill 15 in an attack on Kaduna community

0
12

Fifteen people have been killed in an attack by gunmen suspected to be fulani herdsmen in an attack on Ma-Dooh village, Atyap Chiefdom in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The Kaduna state commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, confirm the killings, however he said nine people were killed in the attack which occurred on Saturday night.
Sources in the community said 15 people were killed while 10 others were injured with several houses burnt by the invaders.
A resident of the community said the gunmen stormed the village at about 11pm on Saturday night and unleashed mayhem on residents.
“Most of us had to run to the bushes for our dear lives and we slept there till the next day”, he said.
But Aruwan in a statement, said nine corpses were recovered in the community following the attack, adding that many people were feared dead.
The commissioner said troops of “Operation Safe Haven” also rescued 12 persons who were fleeing from the attack.
He said, “This was reported to the Kaduna State Government by troops of Operation Safe Haven, who responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area.
“The assailants fled on sighting the troops. Nine corpses have been recovered so far following a search of the village”.
The commissioner listed those killed as: Moses Dangana, Mary Dangana, Jummai Dangana, Jerry James, Happy James, Endurance Stephen, Comfort Emmanuel, Jummai Tanko and Mary Clement.
He added that one Magdalene Dangoma, sustained gunshot injuries and was receiving treatment in the hospital.
According to the commissioner, two houses were burnt in the attack.
The statement said, the “Acting Governor Dr. Hadiza Balarabe received the reports with sadness, and condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area.
“She prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families.
“The Acting Governor wished the injured resident a quick recovery, and urged security agencies to sustain diligent investigations into the attack.”
The commissioner said troops were still carrying out search and rescue operations and will make public the exact number of casualties.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here